Anya

Anya
Home 8 months!!

Friday 17 December 2010

Our blog is up (kinda)!

YES, we are adopting a precious little girl from Russia by the name of Anastaysia. We found her on a website named Reece's Rainbow; a ministry that advocates for the orphans of Eastern Europe as well as other countries who because of their disability are not wanted by their birth families.

Our story is long, but I will make it short here. As many of you all know we have a little girl by the name of Ellis Anne. Ellis Anne is 2 years old and was born with Down Syndrome. She has had 2 major heart surgeries to save her life. To say the least, she has changed our lives. The first year of Ellis Anne's life was hard, but we would not change what God taught us during that time. Our family was complete with the birth of Ellis Anne, or so we thought. Then God laid it on our hearts suddenly to adopt a little girl who only needed a family to love her. Basically, we were told that He could not give us one reason that we should not adopt......so, we committed to adopt sweet little Anastaysia.

We don't know the first thing about adoption, but are learning. I am not a blogger, but I am learning about that too! I do know that before we committed to adopting Anastaysia, that I poured over the adoption blogs by the Reece's Rainbow families.....it was through these blogs that I was able to see the children's lives being changed. Children who were stuck in cribs. Children who never got a hug from anyone. Children who were drugged just so they would sleep the day away so that they would not require any care. Children who just needed a family to love them. How could we say, "no God, this is just not a good time....our lives are so busy right now, our plate is full, I can't care for any more kids, No God I just can't do it right now." Nope we could not do it...we could not say, "no", so we said "YES." We are VERY excited about adding another sweet girl to our family.

A quick update on our adoption: We have completed our home study and are now compiling our dossier.

Thanks so much for your prayers and support.

Stephanie

11 comments:

  1. I am so excited to read your blog! I sponsored Anastasiya last year for the Angel Tree and started a blog a year ago (although I have been terrible at keeping it up) hoping to raise money for her and to help her find her family! I prayed specifically for a Christian family for her and am so excited to see how the Lord has answered my prayers. I have the ornament with her picture sitting out on my bookshelf so I can remember to pray for her and for you! She is such a precious little girl and I will continue to pray until she is home with you!

    Rachel
    adventuresinthephilippines.blogspot.com
    afamilyforanastasiya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, y'all! We're adopting from RR as well...and we live in South central Arkansas. :) I've been waiting for you to get a blog up and going ever since I saw your hometown listed on Anastasiya's FSP page. Not a lot of families adopt internationally around here, so I'm really happy to "meet" you, online anyway. :) Our Caroline doesn't have DS, but she is a "heart baby" (she has a DORV defect), and we hope to get her home once she's released for international placement this spring or summer. She's in a different country than your baby, and they're notoriously vague about when things will happen! So glad to see you have a blog so I can follow your journey. Maybe one day we can get together with our RR babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had her on my tree last year!!! She is absolutely precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are SO SO happy & proud of you guys!! Its been amazing walking the DS & heart journey with our little guys these last 2 yrs (did you ever think it had been that long!)...and we will continue to pray, encourage, & support you...and LOVE this new little blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is precious and my prayer is that she joins your incredible family soon. Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you all! And thrilled that you have started a blog! Our best thoughts & wishes for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blog is beautiful, as is your little angel! I am so so so happy you decided to adopt Anastasiya... she has been in my heart for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited to be able to follow your journey through your blog. I can't believe how much Mary Claire has changed. She looks so grown up-she's beautiful. Hope we can catch up in person soon. Love you! stacy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I am so excited for your family. I will keep you all in my prayers. Thanks for starting this blog to keep us all posted. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I am so happy and excited for you. I've had chills and happy tears since I've heard. Your family is beautiful!! I miss and love you so much. Loved the Christmas card.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope she comes home soon! How old is she? My bio daughter's name is Anastasia and people ask me if she is Russian!

    Catherine
    http://wronginalltherightways-travcat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Depraved Indifference