Anya

Anya
Home 8 months!!

Sunday 16 January 2011

CALLED TO ADOPT.....

I have been thinking a lot lately about this post; waiting for God to make it flow and make it easy for me to write. It is my prayer that I will be able to put my heart here, although I find it very challenging to get my heart into words. Words that sometimes seem so simple; words that are just on a sheet of paper, but here goes….

Reed and I have been married for 14 years, have 3 children, our youngest of which has Down Syndrome. Our lives became very busy and our hearts became very changed upon the birth of our daughter, Ellis Anne. God gave us Ellis Anne, this was His PERFECT PLAN and quite frankly, we thought the plan was complete. We were done having children……and then I found Reece’s Rainbow. I read in tears one evening about all of the children that needed a home, a family, a mommy and daddy to tell them that they are worthy, that they are loved and to accept them as they are, “fearfully and wonderfully made. Ps. 139:14.” I skipped from one adoption blog to the next reading about the imminent plight of these children if they did not find a family; that between the ages of 3-5 if they did not have a family that they would be transferred to a mental institution, and that 80 to 90% of those transferred died during their first year due to lack of medical care, malnutrition, and no love. I poured over the Reece’s Rainbow site and was in complete shock. The faces of these sweet children….perfect in the eyes of God, but worthless according to our society.

Meet Victoria, Daria, and Sandra. These are 3 little girls on Reece’s Rainbow right now that are waiting for their mommy and daddy. Do we tell them they aren’t worthy, that they may be perfect in the eyes of God, but certainly not “perfect” in our world. You know the perfect world I am talking about. The one where we strive to serve all of our selfish desires, new cars, new homes, the best schools, lavish vacations, etc… or do we tell them that we are just too tired, we already have 3 kids and they are all involved in 3 activities each, we don’t have enough time for you and besides where would you sleep, our house is too small. REALLY? Is this what we are REALLY here for?


Victoria


Sandra


I am learning. Yes, I am learning and God is showing me that my life is not my own. That I am here for a higher purpose that involves much more than my next new outfit. God is teaching me that we are here for a much higher calling; one that involves much more than it has for all of my life. Where is He taking us…..we are not quite sure, but this one thing we know. We know that we are called to adopt; we are Anastasia’s Mommy and Daddy and we are going to get her!!!! Will we hear the call? Do you hear him?

Please visit Reece’s Rainbow to see how you can help. www.reecesrainbow.org

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! Praying for your family and especially Anastasiya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very lovely post. Sandra and Daria have been on my heart for sometime-I am a prayer warrior for Christian, Bridget and Mary from RR and I pray for a lot of them...including the ones you noted. I too pray the LORD will bring their families soon! Esp. Sandra's b/cuz of her age and closeness to being transferred. I hope more will take the time to evaluate their lives. I am so happy you are adopting and we hope to be in the near future as well. I pray the LORD works swiftly in your favor to bring your dd home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could come with you, grab any one of those girls and bring her home. Pink outfit, striped tights and a little boots and of course hairbows, even if her head was shaved...a princess to match our prince. A partner in crime (I am sure it would only be days before Will would show her how the potty doubles as a cool water play toy)
    I think maybe...maybe someday, when God says "now!" I have no doubt there will a child that will need us then too.
    In the meantime, I am praying praying praying...for all the hurting babies...
    Thanking God that soon there will one less, Anastasiya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are truly a blessing to this earth, I pray for you and your family often. Hopefully one day I will be able to help one of these beautiful children the way you have already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post! May God bless you in your adoption! :D

    ReplyDelete

Depraved Indifference