Anya

Anya
Home 8 months!!

Thursday 9 February 2012

What would we do with $100.00?


If I had $100....



Recently, my daughter celebrated 100th day at her school. At school, the students were asked to write down what they would do with one hundred dollars. Her paper is pictured above, and here is what she wrote:

If I had $100.....


I would give it to Rses rinbow, because it can
help the kids ther. and Thay could get parnts
just lika Anya and other kids.
It will mack the world better


The day Mary Claire wrote her paper she came home and told me about it. When I read it, I cried. I guess it stunned me a little. Mary Claire is a very tender hearted little girl, but I would have assumed that when asked what she would do with $100.00 I would have thought she might say she would buy a toy.



BUT I WAS WRONG.


Mary Claire would give her $100.00 to
Reece's Rainbow.

What would you do with $100.00?


What would I do with $100.00?

Would we give to a child's account on Reece's Rainbow. A child who desperately needs a family, just like Anya needed a family. OR would we use our money on something that would bring us much more self satisfaction like a new outfit.


Would we give it to one of these kids who God says is perfect, but the world says are very imperfect. In fact, so imperfect that they don't even deserve a family.



Suzanne - ALREADY TRANSFERRED!


Kennedy - ALREADY TRANSFERRED!




Lilly - close to transfer has a heart condition and needs a family!!!!






This is Anya. Before we committed to Anya she was just like Lily, Kennedy and Suzanne. She had no future. She needed someone to give her a chance. These kids need families. These kids need families who are willing to answer the call, to take the chance, are you willing?

THEY ARE WORTH IT.

Please visit this blog where Adeye Salem has a post that is filled with over a hundred children who are desperate for families. These are children who are in the most dire need. They need medical care, they have been transferred, and some are about to age out of the system.

Please advocate for these children.

Please pray for these children.

Please give to these children.

Please ADOPT these children.

As you go to Adeye's blog, I encourage you to ask God to break your heart for what breaks His.


P.S. Anya will be having surgery on Wednesday. She is having her adenoids and tonsils taken out as well as having tubes put it. We will be at Arkansas Children's Hospital for several days. Please pray for her. We have had our experience with open heart surgeries with Ellis Anne and they were major, and even though this isn't major, you still get nervous. Please remember us!!! Hopefully, I will post pictures from the hospital.

5 comments:

  1. We will be thinking of you this week! Hope everything goes great and Anya has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. will be praying for Anya. such a sweet post, if I had $100 I would give it to Celine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. I should have asked the readers to let me know what they would do with $100.00.

      Stephanie

      Delete
  3. Mary Claire is such a sweet girl! I will be praying for your family as Anya has surgery and hospital stay. I remember doing the same thing with my daughter when she was young. It doesn't matter if it is a big or small surgery, they are your babies and when they hurt, you hurt. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

    Ms. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing Mary Claire, and living in the same town with your family, makes this post even more exciting! This is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! What she wrote, goes to my heart. I will be praying for Anya and your family! By the way, I love all the pictures you post! It takes me a memory closer back to your family! Praying blessings on your family!
    ~Katy

    ReplyDelete

Depraved Indifference