Anya

Anya
Home 8 months!!

Thursday 6 October 2011

One Week Home (Almost)


It has never felt so good to be HOME!!!


We finally arrived home at 1:00 am on Saturday. We were exhausted
to say the least, but were welcomed home by signs, decorations
and home baked goodies. It was so good to be home at last.


Decorations were compliments of our church orphan ministry team. We are a newly
formed team, and several families on the team are in the process of adopting. Having Anya home was a reason to celebrate. Thanks so much to this team. I am so proud to be a part of what we are doing.


And here she is......

ANYA MARGARET ROMINE LYNCH

Our first week home has consisted of recuperating from jet lag, adjusting to a new sister for Ellis Anne, trying new foods, playing outside (with no shoes, a hat or a coat I might add), and did I mention, recuperating from jet lag. WOW!!! My body has been so messed up. I am exhausted, but then my body wakes up at 3:00 am in the morning....can't go to sleep, so I get up and wash clothes, clean the house, and then attempt to go to sleep. The good news is that I think my body is finally adjusting. Whew.....

So yes, now that we are home, we are trying new foods. We have had yogurt, oatmeal, grandmothers sunny side up eggs, mashed potatoes, spaghetti and more. She has not had one allergic reaction. Praise the Lord! After meeting with the head doctor at the orphanage and seeing her little ankles, I was concerned that she was going to have a very strict diet. We go to the doctor tomorrow, but it looks like this little princess will get to be eating lots of good food. I can't wait to see her start growing!!!! She is 4 1/2 years old and is wearing 18/24 month size clothes.

Mmmm good!!!!

She LOVES the yogurt.





The weather has been wonderful since we have been home. We have spent everyday
outside. She loves it and the kids love playing with her. One of her favorites is the swing, which I don't even have a picture of right now....but here she is outside....she is doing so well!!!







Anya is doing wonderful. Better than I expected. Adding another child is, of course, an adjustment. We are staying very busy. Ellis Anne, our youngest, has had a heck of a time adjusting....which has made some of our days very emotionally draining. BUT...she is turning the corner....in fact, today, I spotted the two of them kissing each other. It was so sweet.

Thanks for checking in on us. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks I will be able to post pictures of our arrival at the airport. We had a photographer there and I have not even attempted to contact him since we arrived home. That might be a goal for next week.

Stephanie

6 comments:

  1. Yahh!! So happy you made it home safely and all is going well! Love the picture! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it home okay, love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been checking everyday for a post. Knowing you must be exhausted and spending time catching up. I was tempted on many occations to email...just begging for an update. So glad I was able to hold out and not bug you! Im so happy that Anya is loving life.
    I have a package in the mail to the kids...
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for ONE LESS orphan in the world. Anya is just adorable and we are so happy that she has such a good family. We are praying for you daily. I will be bring by food on saturday. Can't wait to see you guys we have been missing our church family from De Queen. See you Saturday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In december, when I get out all my Angel Tree ornaments, I'm going to do a special happy dance when your little girl goes on my tree! I love seeing the kiddos of RR come home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Home!!!

    I also wanted to check in and see how you guys are doing. Have you joined the After the Rainbow group yet? I can't always keep track of people's names and their usernames so I'm sorry if I missed you there! If you're not a part yet please email me and I'll send you an invite. Also, please don't hesitate to ask if I can do anything to help you as you settle in. Adoption is a beautiful thing but it can also be challenging! Sometimes it helps to talk to someone who has "been there".

    Blessings,
    Rachel Whitmire
    Post-Adoption Care Coordinator
    Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry
    www.reecesrainbow.org
    rachel@reecesrainbow.org

    ReplyDelete

Depraved Indifference